Historical places of Mongolia, the greatest wealth of Mongolia is probably history and Mongolia has countless historical places. Mongolia is also the setting for many important historical events and legend.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Ulaan-Baatar, Mongolia|
|WEAR||Comfortable warm clothing, warm boots, hat, jacket and sunscreen.|
|Destination||Erdenezuu, Hustai Nat.Park, Kharhorin, Orkhon waterfall, Tovkhon khiid, Ulaan-Baatar|
Fly to Ulaan-Baatar, Capital of Mongolia.
- Arrive in Ulaan-Baatar at the Chingis Khaan International Airport.
- You will meet our guide and driver.
- Transfer to the hotel.
- Sightseeing with Mongolian’s largest Buddhist Monastery, listen to horns calling lamas to temple, rituals and observe the monks, after lunch visit Natural History museum.
Hustai Nat.Park, Wild Przewalski's horse.
Przewalski’s horses are the last surviving subspecies of wild horse. First described scientifically in the late 19th century by Russian explorer N. M. Przewalski, for whom the horse is named, the horse once freely roamed the steppe along the Mongolia-China border. Never again seen in the wild, Przewalski’s horses have since been kept and bred in captivity and have recently been reintroduced in Mongolia.
Hustai National Park is located 95 km west of Ulaanbaatar in the territory of Altanbulag soum, and Argalant Bayankhangai Central Aimag of Mongolia. The area of 50,600 hectares of the park, 46 species of mammals live here. The reserve is a short distance you can see the famous Przewalski horse.
The population of horses in Hustai reserve reached 220 individuals in total, there are 14 herds, 13 of which are intended for breeding, and one of the males. Each herd was named for a stallion named. There are herds of Manlan, Tamir, Margad, Aries. In the reserve there is a good tradition – to give the name of the newborn foal is considered a matter of honor. During a visit to the reserve Mongolian President Bagabandi gave the foal name Narstay. For the right to name the newborn foal tourists pay $ 100 for a name, for the right to work in the reserve – $ 40 per month. Annually reserve is visited by over 3000 visitors.
After breakfast drive to Hustai Nat.Park to see Takhi, overnight in tourist camp.
Kharhorin Ancient capital, Erdenezuu Monastery.
- Kharkhorin is located at the lower end of the upper valley of the Orkhon river which is included within UNESCO world heritage site Orkhon Valley cultural landscape. For short time it was the capital of the Mongol empire during Ogedei Khan. In the mid of 13-th century it was as trade center in Mongolia,and good times lasted for 40 years Until Khubilai Khan moved capital to khanbalikh(beijing).
- After Kharhorin was abandoned by vengeful Manchurian soldiers and destroyed in 1388s, then was badly damaged during the Stalinist purges. Erdenezuu is first buddhist Monastery in Mongolia, untill 1990 it was as a museum,then it was restored and become active again. Overnight tourist camp.
Tovkhon khiid, Orkhon waterfall.
From Kharhorin 60km incredibly scenic monastery hidden in the deep Khangai Mountains and situated at the top of Shireet Ulaan Uul , was founded by Zanbazar in 1653 and lived, worked and medicated here for 30 years. It was destroyed in 1937, rebuilt with public funds in 1990s. We will stop at the bottom of the mountain, then walk up nearly an hour through the forest. After lunch we continue to seasonal waterfall Ulaan Tsutgalan, you can climb down to the bottom of the gorge, it’s deep 22m. Late June and August are the best time to see it. Overnight in tent.
Tsenher Hot spring.
50 km from the center of Tsetserleg, province Arhangai, source water contains sulfur, the temperature 86 degrees, the flow rate of 10 liters per second.
Displaying treated water source Tsenkher neuralgia, muscular rheumatism, rheumatism, injuries, diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, chronic diseases of the digestive system.
It is perfect place break up your journey, nestled comfortably between forested mountains.
Overnight in tourist camp.
Drive back to Ulaan-Baatar, stay in Dashinchilan village
Drive via Ikh -Tamir soum, and overnight in tent at the bank of the Khar Buh river in Dashinchilen village.