The number of nomads has significantly decreased over the last years. Nomads move to the capital city being compelled by the necessity to search for means of subsistence or attracted by city lights and perceived advantages of urban life. After the last terrible winters many nomadic families lost all their herds that were the source of living. Such situation requiring an emergency aid resulted in large rural-to-urban migration, especially from the west of the country, driving nomadic herders as well as stockbreeders from small rural towns towards the suburbs of the capital city.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Bayan-Ulgii Province, Mongolia|
|WEAR||Comfortable warm clothing, warm boots, hat, jacket and sunscreen.|
Fly to Ulaan-Baatar, Capital of Mongolia.
- Arrive in Ulaan-Baatar at the Chingis Khaan International Airport.
- You will meet our guide and driver.
- Transfer to the hotel.
- Sightseeing with Mongolian’s largest Buddhist Monastery, listen to horns calling lamas to temple, rituals and observe the monks, after lunch visit Natural History museum.
Fly to Bayan Ulgii Province, Camp Tolbo Lake.
- Departure western Ulgii town, after lunch drive to Tolbo lake .
- The lake is 75km in the south of Bayan-Ulgii province. This is one of historical place and biggest lake in Mongolia, was battle here in 1921 between the Bolsheviks and White Russians.
- Even lake is saline there are fishes as Cyprinus carpio, brachymystax lenok.
- Overnight in tent at the shore of lake enjoy of views sun setting in the lake
Drive to east Khoh valley it is one of gorgeous beautiful nomadic summer place with fresh mountain springs, rivers and lake. The valley surrounded with steep cliff and in it you can see mountain goats, argali sheep and ibex.
Next day morning ride a horse on the mountain, enjoy little green lake and visit nomadic family, with eagle.
Overnight in tent nearby families.
Tsambagarav National Park.
Next day head to direction third highest snow covered mountain Tsambagarav, in Mongolia. On the border between Bayan-Ulgii and Hovd Provinces, this park surrounds the snow capped 4193m hgih, with peak Tsast mountain and Tavan Belchir. Both peaks have many glaciers, glacier lakes and waterfall, flowered meadows.
In this area native nomadic Kazakh and Uriankhai herders living in the shadow side of holy mountain. Overnight in tent bottom of the mountain, next day hiking on the Tavan belchir to see spring and waterfall.
Drive to back Ulgii
On the Way back to Ulgii visit nomadic families, stay in Hotel.